Here you will find a listing of updates we made to the web site in 2011.
(Note: links and/or images found below have not been updated; some may no longer work correctly.)
Friday, December 2nd, 2011
- Unfortunately, we experienced some problems with our website's server yesterday and PM Time Service was down for a good portion of the day while emergency maintenance was being performed. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers!
- As an offering to anyone adversely affected by the outage yesterday, we're offering 10% off all purchases today; just use coupon code "10PERCENT02" at checkout. This offer will expire December 5th, 2011.
Saturday, November 26th, 2011
- We have some more new products to announce... 14 new silver ladies' slide chains, perfect to display your pocket watch, locket or favorite pendant. To view, visit our New Items page.
Friday, November 25th, 2011
- Newly listed products this week... we have 5 vintage pocket watch chains, 12 vintage pocket watches, & 3 vintage wrist watches that were recently added and are up for auction this week on eBay. To view, visit our eBay Store Auction Page.
Wednesday, November 24th, 2011
- In coordination with the annual Free Shipping Day promotion, PM Time Service will be offering Free Domestic USPS Priority Shipping OR Free International USPS 1st Class Shipping on all orders placed Friday, December 16th, 2011. To obtain this discount on that day, use coupon code "FSD2011" at checkout. Thanks!
Monday, November 7th, 2011
- New products to announce today! We have 10 newly listed vintage wrist and pocket watches for sale, including hand-painted dials, Masonic emblems & a Harley Davidson logo. Take a look by visiting our New Items Page.
Saturday, November 5th, 2011
- We recently found this interesting article from the October NAWCC Watch & Clock Bulletin, for those intrigued with watch history stories (this one with a fanciful claim).
Saturday, October 29th, 2011
- More new products on the site... we've recently added 18 additional unique vintage pocket watch chains, including straight, Albert, Double Albert, and ribbon designs. To view, visit our New Items page.
Wednesday, October 26th, 2011
- New auctions to announce on eBay! We've listed 15 vintage pocket watch chains & 10 vintage fobs, including many high-quality gold items & BPOE, FOE, & Masonic designs. Take a look at the Auction Section of our eBay Store to view (and if interested, bid on) these offerings.
Thursday, October 20th, 2011
- We have a new website section to announce! We've added a "How-To-Wear" Guide providing information, examples, photos, & notes on how to wear our various styles of vintage watches & watch accessories. Please take a look, and let us know if you have any additional suggestions.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011
- We now have 11 newly listed vintage pocket & wrist watches up for auction on eBay this week, including items from Bulova, Droz, Elgin, Hamilton, Howard, Illinois, Memox, & Waltham. To view these auctions, visit our eBay Store.
Sunday, October 9th, 2011
- We're pleased to announce our newly founded online store at Etsy (billed as "the world's handmade marketplace"), currently featuring some new locket & necklace designs! Take a look at our offerings at our pmtime Etsy storefront.
Thursday, October 6th, 2011
- Newly added today are 13 vintage pocket & wrist watches, all scheduled for eBay auction later this month. Featured are a variety of logos (Ford, Harley, Indian, Masonic), dials (including hand painted), cases (many fancy & fully engraved), & styles (ladies, art deco, coin-themed, etc.). Interested? Get a preview at our New Items page.
Tuesday, October 4th, 2011
- We have a new promotion to announce for the month of October! All of our watch domes, stands, & displays are 10% off. These are great products that are perfect for watch storage or display, and they make great gifts as well. For details on the promotion, visit our Sales Page.
Monday, October 3rd, 2011
- We added some new products to the website today... 8 pewter pocket watch chain fobs, also available as keychains. These items, including American flag designs, can be viewed at our New Items page.
Sunday, September 25th, 2011
- New products to announce! We have 17 new keychains, featuring railroad, auto, & tractor shields. View these new offerings at our New Items page.
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011
- We have added a new section to our website that gives setting & winding instructions for various types of mechanical watches. These guides can be accessed through our Winding & Setting page.
Monday, September 5th, 2011
- Happy Labor Day to everyone! Curious about the history of the holiday? Here's an interesting U.S. Dept. of Labor page on the subject.
Tuesday, August 30th, 2011
- There's a fun special exhibit called "Found Time" at the National Watch & Clock Museum, using found objects as clocks. Check out this NAWCC Page to learn more.
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011
- Added recently to the website were 6 new watch display boxes... great for gifts, travel or storage. Check out the offerings at our New Items page.
Friday, August 12th, 2011
- More new products to discuss! We now have four additional domes to offer, perfect for displaying your favorite wrist watch. View the options at our New Items page.
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011
- Also newly listed for sale recently are a number of pocket knives that can be used either as pocket watch chain fobs or as keychains. Included are a few different turquoise designs & some "character" options (Gene Autry, Hopalong Cassidy, & Roy Rogers). Take a look via our New Items page.
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011
- Among the new products we have are a number of reference books by Roy Ehrhardt for Elgin, Hamilton, Rockford, & Waltham watch companies, as well as an American Pocket Watches Encyclopedia & Price Guide. All can be viewed in our New Items section.
Monday, August 1st, 2011
- Hello again! We've been away for a little vacation but we're back in the office now, and we're excited to have a number of new products to offer. Check them out at our New Items page.
Friday, July 8th, 2011
- FYI if you were unaware... registration for The Art Loss Register (an anti-art-crime site that can assist in tracking valuable items) is free for NAWCC members.
Monday, July 4th, 2011
- We'd like to wish everyone an amazing Independence Day today... we hope you're enjoying the holiday & celebrations, & having a great time!
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011
- Have time for a YouTube session? Check out this video featuring the National Watch & Clock Museum that shows some of their extensive collection, and includes commentary from the museum director and a NAWCC school watch instructor.
Sunday, June 26th, 2011
- We found an interesting news snippet about the surprise appearance of an Omega pocket watch in a recent Chinese progaganda film... to read, visit this Associated Press article.
Sunday, June 19th, 2011
- We've recently added a large number of new picture lockets that can be configured in a variety of ways (such as keychains, necklaces, pins, watch chain fobs, etc.). Take a look at what's new and scroll through our New Items page.
- A quick note to let our customers know that we will be taking our annual summer vacation in a few weeks. Starting July Friday July 8th, 2011 we will be closed, and will re-open on August 1st, 2011. All orders and emails received before noon on that Friday will be processed before we close down the office. All orders and emails received after the noon cut-off will be answered and processed in the order received on August 1st. We hope that everyone enjoys their summer and as always, we thank you for your continued patronage!
Thursday, May 26th, 2011
- Neat story: The internet can help to re-connect more than just estranged family members it seems... after 100 years, a pocket watch was reunited with its original owner's parish after an internet search turned up information from the inscription. Read the article by Dudley News.
Tuesday, May 24th, 2011
- Five more pocket watches are listed for auction on eBay today -- we have three Waltham models (with 2-tone, Harley Davidson, and Chevrolet-branded dials) and two Elgin models (a Harley logo & a high-grade with Up & Down indicator). Check them out at our eBay Store.
Monday, May 23rd, 2011
- We have new watches up for auction on eBay this week! Featured are three pocket watches (a hunter's-case Hamilton, an impressive Hampden, & a Buren with an elaborate dial) and two matching his/hers Chevrolet bow-tie logo Alfex wrist watches. To view these items, visit our eBay Store.
Saturday, May 21st, 2011
- As many of you have commented on, we are transitioning to a new style and higher quality of product photographs. In addition to all new items listed having these for you, we are now working on our existing inventory to update the photographs there as well. This month, re-visit our early key wind and high end European watches where you will find many new photos and some updated pricing on many as well!
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011
- We recently came across this wonderful interview of a watchmaker in Jerusalem, and in reading it, were reminded how antique timepieces really do draw our horology community together.
Friday, May 13th, 2011
- We have three new pocket watches up for auction on eBay this week... a high-grade Patek Philippe, a Geo Margett key-wind verge fusee, and a Waltham with Harley Davidson advertising. All three can be found on our New Items page, or you can visit out our eBay Store.
Wednesday, May 11th, 2011
- The Japan quake really did affect us all! After noticing disturbances to the pendulum of their Seth Thomas clock tower, the City of Santa Barbara followed up with research on how the energy released by the March earthquakes affected the timing. Read the full article here.
Sunday, May 8th, 2011
- We will be closed for an extended weekend starting the afternoon of Wednesday May 11th, and will re-open for normal business on Monday, May 16th. All orders placed before noon MDT on Wednesday will be shipped out that day. Orders received after the cut-off will be shipped out on Monday. Thank you as always for your patronage!
Wednesday, May 4th, 2011
- To kick start our new line of locket fobs, this month, buy one locket of any style and receive free priority shipping off your entire order! Enter coupon code MAYLOCKETS on the Payment & Shipping Options page of checkout and the coupon will deduct the shipping fees automatically. This offer is valid until May 31st, 2011. Enjoy!
Thursday, April 28th, 2011
- More new items to announce! We have a new Mack bulldog fob & a new Oliver 70 tractor fob, both of which are also sold as key chains. Additionally, we have a few new replacement leather fob straps for sale. All of these items, as usual, can be found on our New Items page.
Wednesday, April 27th, 2011
- More new products have been added to the website recently: five new pocket knives, for use either as pocket watch chain fobs or as keychains. These knives are easily found on our New Items page.
Monday, April 25th, 2011
- One of our favorite and most popular brands, Omega is still in business today. Take some time at their wonderful web site, which includes quite a bit about their history.
Friday, April 22nd, 2011
- More new products to announce: three new fob & key chain designs (one Long Island Railroad design, plus two Fire Fighter shield designs). See them on our New Items page.
Wednesday, April 20th, 2011
- We have some new products to offer... four new fob & key chain designs: a Celtic circle, a Four Directions design, a sitting dragon, and a howling wolf. To view, visit our New Items page.
Tuesday, April 19th, 2011
- We will be closed for an extended weekend starting the afternoon of Wednesday April 20th, and will re-open for normal business on Monday, April 25th. All orders placed before noon MST on Wednesday will be shipped out that day. Orders received after the cut-off will be shipped out on Monday. Thank you as always for your patronage!
Sunday, April 17th, 2011
- Some baseball season watch-related trivia for you... did you know that while the New York Yankees have won 27 World Series titles, they only have 26 rings to show for it? Check out this article about the 1923 World Series title pocket watch!
Sunday, April 10th, 2011
- Not sure you're ready to switch to a pocket watch? How about your iPhone pulling double duty? Check out this short article about an interesting new cover which has an integrated pocket watch.
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011
- We have a new promotion for the month of April! Receive a $25 gift certificate, good towards a future order, on purchases of $250 or more. This offer is good for all items purchased from our web site, and is valid until April 30th, 2011. To redeem this special, use the code "PMAprilGift" at checkout. Enjoy!
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011
- Looking to get more involved with the horology (study of timepieces) community? Find a local chapter of the NAWCC and spend a Saturday morning rubbing elbows with your local watch and clock enthusiasts at one of the many weekend local gatherings. Chapters can be found at the NAWCC site.
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011
- It's that time of year again for a new Price Guide to Watches. We suggest this book to many of our customers that are interested in learning more about their watches. While it is certainly handy to check the value range for your watch, more important are the short biographies of many of the watch companies and the extensive terminology guides that will help you get better acquainted with your vintage timepiece! You can find the 2011 edition at
Tuesday, March 8th, 2011
- Interesting links to share! Christian Marclay's "The Clock" - Check out this short YouTube summary of Marclay's unique and fascinating 24-hour long film created from historical shots of watches and clocks in movies and on TV.
- If you find it as interesting as we did, check out Marclay's Facebook page to see if the full length feature is showing in your area!
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011
- We are announcing a new promotion for the month of March! Any order of $250 or more is eligible for FREE Priority shipping, plus 5% off the order total. This offer is good for all items purchased from our web site, and is valid until March 31st, 2011. The FREE shipping method will be USPS Priority for all US orders and USPS International Priority for all international orders. To redeem this special, use the code "PMTMarch" at checkout. Enjoy!
Monday, February 28th, 2011
- We have (finally!) resolved the problems with our left hand menus not working properly. You should once again be able to navigate to your desired sub-category.
- Ever wonder how many items PM Time Service stocks? It's a long list! We now have a self-updating site map that, in addition to listing each category at the top, also has a link to each and every one of our items.
Friday, February 25th, 2011
- We have completed our annual inventory and maintenance, thank you for your patience while the web site was offline. There are still a few issues with site navigation we are working to restore however the web site checkout cart is once again ready to process your orders.
- We have archived our 2010 updates.
- Unfortunately, as part of our recent server upgrades, we were unable to save our web site order histories. While this does not affect any current orders, anything that was placed prior to February 2011 is no longer going to show up on your Order History page. We're very sorry for any inconvenience, however we do keep an order record back from your very first order and can give you your full order history on request.
All documentation and images presented on this site are subject to Copyright 1998-2018 to PM Time Service. All rights reserved.