Here you will find a listing of updates we made to the web site in 2008.
(Note: links and/or images found below have not been updated; some may no longer work correctly.)
Tuesday December 2nd, 2008
- Due to personal and technical delays, we've been set-back from re-opening in the timely manner we would have liked, and apologize to all our customers for that! Also, thank you so much for all the kind thoughts that have been sent our way over the past few months, they are much appreciated. While we have (finally) reopened the office, we have decided to run on reduced hours for the remainder of the year continuing to Summer 2009 while we re-locate our office. This should not affect our shipping times, which have always been 1-3 business days, however we may be up to 1-3 days on email and phone call returns as well. We are currently in the final stages of the web site maintenance project. Below is a listing of the changes you can expect to see from this, and also known issues that we will address time permitting. Thank you as always for your patronage and we look forward to hearing from you!
- There is a new set of URL addresses for those of you that have bookmarked a page other than the opening www.pmtime.com. Your bookmark can be manually updated by changing the "Merchant2" in the link to "mm5". All organization has remainded the same however, and each page can be browsed to via the web site as well.
- Expanding sidebar menu not expanding properly. Links correctly work but the 2nd tier does not show up. This will be addressed time permitting.
- Removed all inventory that was sold prior to September 2008 from the active listings. Also, all items that were on hold have been removed. If you had an item on hold, please contact us again to re-confirm your interest!
- Updated the Shipping Options section of the checkout to offer more variety of service along with a more accurate assessment of the shipping fees. The UPS fees are working properly, but due to some problems with the USPS calculators, we have kept those options on the flat-fee schedule.
- Memorial information for Gail Zuercher is added.
Monday September 15th, 2008
- Due to the death of Gail Zuercher on September 7th, 2008, we have had the PM Time Service office and web site closed for a time of mourning and regrouping. We had hoped to re-open the web site on Friday, October 17th and re-open the office on Monday, October 20th. Unfortunately, we have been upgrading and doing much needed maintenance on the web site before doing that, and it has taken us significantly longer than planned to complete those upgrades. We are hoping that the new changes will offer a richer environment to search, view and compare items, and also correct some issues we had before, notably the inventory tracking bug many of you noticed over the past year! Right now, we are hoping to open both the office and web site again on Wednesday October 22nd. While we hope to hit the ground running, we may remain on reduced office hours for the remainder of October, so please be patient with us if you need a call returned.
Although many of you did not interact directly with Gail, for over 40 years she was the backbone of the PM Time Service business. She kept all the accounting and inventory books, which was often a painful endeavor. And, in recent years, she also helped with the online tasks more, helping to put together many of the listings we see on the web site today along with most of our eBay auction pages. Her passing is a great loss, and the business will not be the same without her.
Monday June 23rd, 2008
- Due to an illness in our immediate family, PM Time Service will be on delayed service hours through the summer months. While we expect to stay fully operational, our normal 1-2 day response and shipping times may be delayed and closer to 3-4 days without prior notice. We apologize in advance for any problems this may cause, however we will do our best to keep communication and order processing moving as quickly as possible! Also, please note that during the delayed service, the best way to contact us will be via email. During normal hours we are often in and out of the office for calls, and we will likely be very hard to reach via that method over the following months. If you do need to reach us via phone, please be patient and we will return your calls as soon as possible.
- Removed sold items from the web site from the second quarter of the year. If a listing is missing that you still need access too, please send us an email and we can restore that for you.
- Over the next few weeks we will be updating the core mechanics to our web site. As some of our customers may know, we've had a long standing bug that would not properly remove a recently sold item from the active inventory. We are hoping that the updates will find and fix that bug permanently, along with giving us the opportunity to implement some cosmetic and organizational changes.
Wednesday May 7th, 2008
- PM Time Service will be closed for our Spring vacation from Wednesday May 7th until Monday May 19th, 2008. Any orders placed on or before the 6th will be processed and shipped out before we close shop. Orders received from the 7th until the 19th will be processed in the order received upon our return as quickly as possible. Also please note that we will be unavailable to take your phone calls during this time as well.
- Removed sold items from the web site from the first quarter of the year. If a listing is missing that you still need access too, please send us an email and we can restore that for you.
Monday March 10th, 2008
- Due to rising costs of shipping and insurance from both our main carriers, USPS and UPS, we have raised our shipping fees accordingly. Also, due to the poor quality of service we have had with UPS this year, we have changed our recommended shipping option from the UPS 3-day service to the USPS Priority service. We of course will continue to offer UPS shipping options for your orders, however the USPS has been much more reliable this year. An overview of the new fee changes can be seen on our Shipping Information page.
Sunday February 10th, 2008
- Due to a flu bug that has been passed around the office during the prior week, we are closing down the office from Monday, February 11th until Monday February 18th. We apologize for the poor communications we had with our customers last week, and are taking steps to get healthy again in order to provide the service you can normally expect from us! All orders placed on or before Sunday February 10th will be processed ASAP, however orders placed during the week will have a delay in processing. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience as we get back to full health.
- Updated our "New in February 2008" page for new items we will be adding this month.
- Removed sold items from 2007 from the web site. If a listing is missing that you still need access too, please send us an email and we can restore that for you.
- Archived the 2007 Updates listings. A copy of those can be seen on the 2007 Updates page.
- Re-photographed a number of low light and low resolution pictures from some of the web site pocket watches. If you find a listing that has poor-quality photos still on it, please send us an email about that and we'll get those updated ASAP.
All documentation and images presented on this site are subject to Copyright 1998-2018 to PM Time Service. All rights reserved.